March 20, 2012 The Chamber of Commerce has a major announcement which involves everyone in Oakville.
November 2, 2011 - Thanks to Marki Dorsch and The Vidette we have a Vidette published story about the Zucchini festival in September.
November 1, 2011 A kickoff was held October 13 for a new combined Timberland Library, community center, museum, emergency disaster center is planned for Oakville, Wa. The kickoff is captured in this PowerPoint presentation.
- October 18, 2011 The Capital Press recently ran two stories which highlight Wild Thyme Farms
- October 4, 2011 September 30, The Chronicle ran a story involving Centralia schools, the Chehalis Tribe, a canoe and Mitchel Smith (Oakville resident). It is a neat story and Thank You to The Chronicle for permission to display the story on the Chamber of Commerce website.
- October 4, 2011 A commmunity apple cider press event! Read more here.
- September 6, 2011 - A "Town Hall Meeting"! Yes, right here in river city - we will have a town hall meeting September 13, 2011 6:30 p.m. at the Oakville High Gym. Learn about the new, exciting proposed library! Everyone in the area is invited to attend.
- August 30, 2011 Ever had a hot dog followed by a salmon bake and topped off with Zucchini jam on Zucchini bread with Zucchini candy thrown in for good measure? Never done it?
Then come to Oakville, Saturday, September 10 and join in the fun. Local kids will have Kid and Kritter parade at 10:30 and you adults can stuff yourselves on any number of Zucchini dishes.
Dare to be great! Dare to look a Zucchini in the eye! The few brave and strong will be here at 10:30, September 10, in downtown Oakville, the one-day Zucchini capitol of the world! This is our 15th year of challenging the zucchini. Obviously it wins every time.
- July 2, 2011 - The annual Independence Parade is over and the initial results are online now. Thank you to everyone who helped and everyone who joined the parade! Click on the 'events' tab to learn more.
- June 27, 2011 - Besides the great parade (next story) the School District in Oakville and Timberland Regional Library are teaming up to create a tax-payer friendly library solution. Congratulations!
- June 24, 2011 - Strike up the band and wave the colors! The annual Independence Parade is ready to start - be there July 2nd for another great patriotic parade. We start the parade at 11 a.m. sharp! Will you be there? The same day there is an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast ($5) at the Community Hall. The parade will be followed by the annual reenactment of the last horseback bank robbery - which really took place here in Oakville - at the same bank - almost 100 years ago.
If you want to enter, simply print out our 2011 parade entry form and mail it to the address printed on the form. Please include page two of the entry form - this will help our announcer have your name to announce to the public.
- May 25, 2011 - The Friends of the Library are planning a Memorial Day Event
- March 28, 2011 - Thanks to the City of Oakville, there is an interesting collection of city photographs.
- January 28, 2011 It is time for our annual meeting in February. President Bill Scholl has extended an invitation to all. The meeting is February 17 - 4pm at the United Methodist Church.
- January 21, 2011 Happy New Year! The 2011 Independence Day parade theme is "Independence Day Patriots". Everyone is welcome to participate in this parade on July 2nd in downtown Oakville.
- November 3, 2010 Kathy Lorton, Superintendent, updates the school community in this letter which is on the public bulletin board.
- October 22, 2010 - Once more there is a public bulletin board for Oakville and website visitors to use. Give it a try and give us your feedback.
- September 27, 2010 - Rumor has it that Preacher Bill is organizing another October Talent Show to benefit the Oakville Food Bank. Jump over to the United Methodist Church to learn more!
- September 24, 2010 - Mark your calendar for these events: Oct. 14 1:30 pm Children's Library poetry reading: December 3 6 pm Christmas Tree lighting: July 2, 2011 Independence Day Parade
- September 24, 2010 Our town has some great new looks. Check out the Community Center and the United Methodist Church.
- July 10, 2010 The 2010 parade is history. You can view the winners list and photos by visiting this parade page.
- June 27, 2010 The 2010 Oakville Independence Parade is almost here!
July 3rd at 11:00 a.m. sharp the sirens will roar, the flags will fly, the 5th Army Color Guard and American Made Drill Team will kick off the 2010 Independence Parade!
The same day you can sample a pancake breakfast at the Community Hall, after the parade watch a horseback bank robbery reenactment and follow your nose to a Salmon bake!
Our theme: "The Bill of Rights" which most believe to be the single most important document for USA citizens - and it is the third in our series of honoring the Declaration of Independence (2009), The Constitution (2008) and now the Bill of Rights.
If you want to enter, simply print out our 2010 parade entry form and mail it to the address printed on the form. Please include page two of the entry form - this will help our announcer have your name to announce to the public.
May 21, 2010 Family fun and amazement is planned June 19th, 7 p.m. at the Community Hall. A great magic show is in store. Children free, Adults $5
May 21, 2010 Memorial Day is at hand. Friends of the Library is sponsoring a ceremony at the Oakville Pioneer Cemetery at 11:00 a.m., May 31st. A Community Potluck lunch will follow at the Community Hall.
April 20, 2010 Mark your calendars for May 14 and May 15. Those two days Oakville will host a Grant Writing Class. The class is open to all organizations wishing to learn successful grant writing skills. More information and enrollment information is here. A flyer summarizing the class is here.
March 19, 2010 Spring cleaning? Want to get $$$ for those UNWANTED items? Or are you looking for that SPECIAL item? Come to the 2nd Annual Community Garage Sale, April 24, 2010, at the FOTL Community Hall (corner of Oak and State streets) Oakville WA. Tables and outdoor spaces (for large items) rent for $10 each. Get your space now, as space is limited. Luncheonette will be open serving lunch and other treats. For more information contact jkmetz268 at gmail.com or call 369-273-5305.
Proceeds go the various FOTL projects. FOTL is a 501(c)(3) organization.
March 2, 2010 Drop over into the Friends of the Library and learn about the St. Patrick's Day Dinner
February 24, 2010 The Grays Harbor Tourism Board has an open position for the City Of Oakville . Any resident of Oakville that is interested , Please submit your letter of interest to the Oakville City Hall by march 31 st , 2010.
- January 31, 2010 Oakville is having a Oakville Volunteer Fair, Friday February 12, 5pm to 6:30pm. Choose from local organizations already serving your community and new orgnizations looking to serve your community in the future. Come and share a NO-cost spaghetti dinner. More info is here.
- January 16, 2010 The Daily World reports that on Feb. 9, voters in the Oakville School District will be asked to approve a two-year replacement Maintenance & Operations Levy.
A public meeting to discuss the replacement levy has been scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 21, in the school library at 5:30 p.m.
The complete story is here.
- December 3, 2009 The OCCC is having a logo contest! Enter now!
- November 18, 2009 Have you heard the rumor? What is all this about a OCCC? Sounds sort of mysterious, doesn't it? Check it out here!
- September 28, 2009 Hey! There's a Talent Contest coming to town and it benefits the Oakville Food Bank.
- August 8, 2009 Pictures of the 2002 Parade are now online. Thank you to Virginia and George Robinson.
- July 21, 2009 Shortly after the 2009 Parade the Chamber was given slides, in 110 format (which is a tiny, tiny format), of the 1972 July 4th parade. 110 Slides are 16mm by 12 mm versus 35 mm slides which are 36mm by 24mm - i.e. less than half size -. We had them converted and you can now enjoy someone's camera work from 36 years ago. The online images are cropped to save download time. We have the original scanned images if anyone wishes a more detailed copy.
- July 5, 2009 The 2009 parade is history! Thanks to everyone who paraded and everyone who watched! It was fun. The winners list, a movie and photos are online now. Our theme was: "The Declaration of Independence". Drafted by Thomas Jefferson between June 11 and June 28, 1776, the Declaration of Independence is at once the nation's most cherished symbol of liberty and Jefferson's most enduring monument.
- March 11, 2009 The City of Oakville announces that there will be an informal public meeting on March 19th, 7 - 8 p.m. on the topic of multi-family dwellings in Oakville. The meeting will be at City Hall.
- January 25, 2009 The Chamber announces the July 4th, 2009 parade. For details please visit Community Events
- November 30, 2008 We've photos of the industrious tree-trimmers who decorated the community Christmas tree take a moment to enjoy the season.
- October 31, 2008 There are some new websites in Oakville. Be sure to visit:
Oakville Friends of the Library
- October 27, 2008 We've learned about: Public Hearings about a Sign Moratorium and Preliminary 2009 Budget to be held November 10, 2008 7:30 P.M., at City of Oakville, (360)273-8916 firstname.lastname@example.org
- > September 6, 2008 We've learned that twin sisters from Oakville (Nicole and Danielle Fletcher) have been chosen to be in a London, England New Years Day parade. There is a community fundraiser coming up on September 19th in the Oakville cafeteria from 6:00 to 8:00. There will be a desert auction, raffles and lots of fun!
- September 6, 2008 We've learned that twin sisters from Oakville (Nicole and Danielle Fletcher) have been chosen to be in a London, England New Years Day parade. There is a community fundraiser coming up on September 19th in the Oakville cafeteria from 6:00 to 8:00. There will be a desert auction, raffles and lots of fun!
- August 24, 2008 November 15th Saturday Drop in the Library from 11:00 til 2:00 p.m. Make a Holiday Ornament for yourself and Oakville's Christmas Tree Then be sure to be there for the lighting of the tree the 1st Friday in December
- August 21, 2008 We learned from the library folks that storytime is coming in October!: Preschool Storytime, Wednesdays, October 8, 15 and 22, 10:30 a.m. til 11:30 a.m., Oakville Timberland Library, Join us for stories, puppets, crafts and fun!
- July 28, 2008 We received over 150 more parade photos from 3 photographers. Contact us if you want copies.
- July 28, 2008 Due to a lack of quorum at the 7/28/2008 meeting, the Oakville School District Board will hold a rescheduled meeting July 31, 2008 at 5:30 p.m. to adopt a new school budget and conduct other regular board business.
- July 21, 2008 This year The Oakville Chamber of Commerce's Annual Community Garage Sale will Benefit the Friends of the Oakville Timberland Library (FOTL). It will take place during the Zucchini Jubilee Sat Sept 6th in the FOTL Community Hall, cattycorner from the City park. Please bring your donations to the FOTL Community Hall on Fri Sept 5th from 10-2 or on Sat morning before the Jubilee. If you need to schedule another drop off time, or to volunteer, call Kelly @ 273-0139 and we will try to make arrangements. All proceeds from this sale will go to the Friends of the Oakville Timberland Library's New Building Fund. So Please dig deep everyone, we need lots of nice garage sale items so that we can make some money to proceed with this wonderful dream of having a new Library building with lots of room for everyone. If anyone knows a local architect who can lend us a hand with plans please let us know. This is a great opportunity to get involved and make a huge difference for everyone in our community.
- July 20, 2008 We have news that there will be a Public Hearing regarding Oakville School District's 2008/2009 Budget. The public hearing will be July 28, 2008 at 5:00 p.m. in the school library.
- July 14, 2008 New parade photos are online now. These are "before and after' shots of entrants and events at the lineup area. Photo credit goes to Judith and Dave Palmer.
- July 8, 2008 The parade photos are online now. Special thanks to Randy Caverly for taking such great photos.
- July 6, 2008 The Oakville Independence Parade results are online now Thanks to everyone who made the parade such a success.
- June 22, 2008 Announcing the First Friends of the Oakville Timberland Library Quilt Show/ Bazaar Sat July 5th 10-3 pm. in the FOTL Community Hall Corner of State & Oak St. Oakville, WA Polish Sausage Dog Lunch 11-2 pm. If you have a Quilt to display please contact Anita @ 273-5106 If you have hand made Arts/ Crafts Please contact Kelly @ 360-273-0139 or Evelyn @ 360-339-2560 for Table rental info. Deadline for entries is July 3rd.
- June 15, 2008 Here's some news: TheN.W. Conference District Jr. Rodeo will start following the Independence Day Parade, 1p.m. Saturday July 5th and again 11 a.m. Sunday. The Sunday Rodeo ends with a special trail event which includes parents. The rodeo includes everything a Pro Rodeo has, plus mutton bustin' Junior rodeo participation begins with the PeeWee group - ages 5 years and younger. The rodeo is FREE, contestants are the ones who pay to enter the evernts. People can make a weekend of it in Oakvile. Self contained camping is available at the rodeo grounds starting Thursday, July 3rd. A one-time coampping fee of $20 will cover 1 - 3 nights of camping. O akville will be the place for a great family friendly weekend. A parade on Saturday, the 5th at 11 a.m., featuring the Ft. Lewis Color Guard, American Legion Band and Ft. Vancouver Bagpipe band, along with horses, floats, and clowns. That is followed by the reenactment of the Oakville Bank Robbery and then the Junior Rodeo.
- June 10, 2008 We love bronc riding, barrel racing, steer wrestling, bull roping as much as you all do. This year we get to watch a great Junior Rodeo - ages 12 - 18. Come out for 2 great days. Rodeo starts right after the parade. Admission is $4 per car. Please ignore the June 3rd announcement. The Rodeo is coming to town!
- June 8, 2008 The Oakville School District #400 will be having a surplus sale on Friday, June 13, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the high school commons. Most of the items available are computers, keyboards, printers, textbooks and other miscellaneous surplus. The condition of all equipment is inoperable, outdated or not cost effective to repair. OAKVILLE SCHOOL DISTRICT No. 400, POST OFFICE BOX H, OAKVILLE, WASHINGTON 98568-0090, DISTRICT OFFICE 360-273-0171
- June 3, 2008 Rumor has it that the rodeo is on vacation this year. Check back now and then for more info about the rodeo.
- May 20, 2008 The 2008 parade is off to a great start. We'll have two bands (The American Legion Band and the Ft. Vancouver Bagpipe Band) and the parade will be led by the First Corps Command Honor Guard from Ft. Lewis! If you've not signed up to be in the parade, do so now. Entry forms are available at the Timberland Regional Library and Sterling Savings Bank and oneline as well (go to Community Events.
- May 13, 2008 The Oakville School District Board or Directors May meeting location has been changed from the district school library to the Eagles Landing Hotel located at 12840 188th Ave. SW, Rochester. The meeting will be held at 5:30 p.m., Monday, May 19th. In conjunction with the regularly scheduled meeting, the board of directors will hold the district’s annual hearing of the proposed uses of Student Achievement (I-728) dollars, at approximately 5:40 p.m.
- Apr. 7, 2008 The Oakville School District Board of Directors will conduct a special meeting at 5:30 PM on April 9, 2008 in the district library to approve a contract for a new Superintendent/Elementary Principal.
- Mar. 7, 2008 March 17 is a special day. Join the Friends of the Library for Irish food, fun and friends.
- Mar. 6, 2008 April 19th is Spring Cleanup Day Time and place info is here.
- Mar. 5, 2008 The January 2008 School Board Minutes are available.
- Feb. 8, 2008 The Annual Independence Day parade is announced and ready to go. Sign up now and join the celebration. More information is online here!
- Dec. 1, 2007 The October 2007 School Board Minutes are available.
- Dec. 1, 2007 The September 2007 School Board Minutes are available.
- Aug. 9, 2007 There are no Oakville School District minutes available this month. Community residents have posted some school district events on a bulletin board.
- Jul. 31, 2007 The USDA came to Oakville and presented information on USDA grants, loans and financial programs available to rural residents - especially those in the Oakville area. The programs cover families, small business, nonprofits and local governemnt. Information on a Section 504 Repair Program and the Section 502 Direct Loan program are available here.
- 502 page 1 and page 2
- 504 page 1 and page 2
- Click here to access the USDA Rural Development Wa. web site
- Jul. 08, 2007 2007 Independence Parade winners listing is online now. The Chronicle filed this parade story
- Jul. 05, 2007 We have an agreement with the Oakville School District to host Oakville School data and board minutes.
- Jan. 30, 2007 How are the schools in Oakville doing? Here is the Oakville Schools Annual Report.
- Jan. 29, 2007 A special meeting is plannedon 2007 Auction Interested organization are invited to attend.
- Dec. 30, 2006 Baseball season is approaching - here is new info on ROC January signups and clinics.
- Nov. 19, 2006We're piloting a Community Calendar. A link to it is on the top of the page. We're interested in any feedback.
- Nov. 16, 2006ROC (Rochester Oakville Centralia) Cal Ripken Youth Baseball is a new league forming for the youth in Oakville, Rochester, Centralia and Tenino for the spring 2007 baseball season. Quick facts are right here and a flyer (in pdf format) is right here
- Nov. 06, 2006 Join us for our annual Christmas tree lighting and songfest on Dec1st, at the Post Office, 6 pm.
- Jul. 05, 2006 The 2006 Independence Parade winners list is online.
- Jul. 04, 2006 Back in 1981 the Oakville parade had volcano fire
- Feb. 15, 2006 Thanks to Dr. Brian Metke for providing a copy of the 2006 Oakville Schools Annual Report. Please take the time to read this.
- Jan. 22, 2006 The Oakville Chamber of Commerce announces that we will hold our annual meeting Tuesday, February 21, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. at the Methodist Church. The purpose of the meeting will be for annual reports and to fill any board vacancies. Oakville Chamber of Commerce can become strong with the cooperation and support of the Oakville business community. This year the Chamber organized the Singing Valentines, All-Charites Auction, Citywide Cleanup, Independence Day Parade and Celebration, Zucchini Jubilee and Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony. Thank you for investing in Oakville. We need your ideas and contributions to keep the Oakville Chamber of Commerce growing strong.
- Dec. 09, 2005 Pieces of information about Oakville's 1905 incorporation continue to surface.
- Nov. 15, 2005 The Oakville Chamber of Commerce welcomes community news and information. Click on that link to learn more.